The One Secret To Sing Well
It is multi-factorial, this secret. If you omit anything from it, to that degree, you will never sing your best. This is of vital importance: If you omit any one thing from the list below, to that degree, you will never sing your best.
I’ve done it the wrong way and suffered the consequences: pain, loss of voice, hoarseness, and sounding amateurish.
It doesn’t take years to be a professional, but I wasted many in the journey through the jungle of misinformation and ignorance. I don’t want you to waste your time.
If you have the courage to discover this, keep reading.
There is no secret. It’s a formula.
You must practice:
- The right thing.
- The right way.
- The right amount of time.
- With the right mindset.
- With the right attitude.
- With the right intention.
- With the right consistency.
- With the right number of times per day.
- With the time required, which will be months or even years of consistency.
- With the right understanding of musicianship.
- With the right vision.
- With the right artistic imagination.
- With a truly professional perspective.
- Without compromise.
- With the right amount of patience.
- Without self-judgment, but with the highest standards.
Is that all there is?
No. It’s a great start. Omit any of the above and your career is nothing more than a wish, a hope, or a dream.
If there is a secret, the secret is the reality of the big picture in its entirety and completeness.
Most will not find the way through the jungle without a guide. The best guide will get you through. The worst will be disastrous to your goal. It’s a harsh, but true, reality.